cheapest place to buy 9mm ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fokochang

New to the site!
Reaction score
I was browsing online to see more prices of 9mm ammo, and i saw a lot of brown bear for 8.50.

is that about as low as it gets? i wouldn't mind driving a little bit to buy it locally to save on shipping though.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmart is about as cheap as anywhere for buying good enough ammo a few boxes at a time. If you want really cheap ammo invest in a reloading setup and cast lead. It is rediculously cheap for me to shoot now.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my Walmart has it I buy Federal at $9.47 per box of 50. Here lately it has been available quite a few times I've looked.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense,but that sh it (Brown Bear) is really dirty ammo. Just an opinion after I tried it once. Its cheap though if you dont mind having to really do some cleaning afterwards. I been buying and shooting Federal and its been plentiful for less than $10 a box at Wallyworld.

fokochang

New to the site!
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. yeah, looking online, i've seen the cheapest was .16/b. and i guess walmart is .2/b. so i may just stick with wally world for convenience's sake.

i guess this is kind of related. my friend and i are newbie, anticipated gun owners and we wanted to get the glock 9mm for its reliability. any thoughts?

thanks again.

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i guess this is kind of related. my friend and i are newbie, anticipated gun owners and we wanted to get the glock 9mm for its reliability. any thoughts?

* Get a Glock. They work. Every time. [Pull trigger, BANG. Lather, rinse, repeat.] Just find the one right for you/your hand.
* Go online and get a couple of cases of ammo. Brown Bear shoots well, but shoots dirty. Quality U.S.-made ammo is about the same price online as the Wallyworld 9.47/9.97 Federal 9mm. Internet shipping and local sales tax about even out. Don't forget about your gas cost when you buy "local."
* Practice.
* Get more ammo and practice some more. :D

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. yeah, looking online, i've seen the cheapest was .16/b. and i guess walmart is .2/b. so i may just stick with wally world for convenience's sake.

thanks again.

Glock is so simple to shoot, clean and own. Reliable, fairly inexpensive, but a good "Bang" ;) for your buck. I would highly discourage buying new if you don't have to..summitgunbroker.com Mark is a good resource for used glocks, as well as gtdist.com...you will have to call gt and see what deals they have, but I just picked up an excellent condition G22 .40 for $325 from Gtdist. Either will do you good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom