Looking for a different WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm getting tired of hickory creek down here. Wanted to go to a different wma this year. I'm not having much luck getting current reports. I'm liking the Tulsa area, like maybe skiatook, but am very flexible. Any good reports from you guys??

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kinda luck you looking for? deer- archery, muzzleloader, gun? quail? waterfowl? There is lots of corp land around Texoma and on the Washita river arm of the lake that is full of waterfowl. When I went to college at Durant, we hunted several times. Limited on ducks very easily. We didn't have the set up for geese though.

Reaction score
Yeah, whatcha hunting?

For deer & quail, a lot can be said for Black Kettle - it's huge. It's hunted hard, but lotta deer. Packsaddle and Ellis County are nearby too. But no hogs like on Hickory Creek, if that's your thang.

What county is Wilson in? How far you willing to drive?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, whatcha hunting?

For deer & quail, a lot can be said for Black Kettle - it's huge. It's hunted hard, but lotta deer. Packsaddle and Ellis County are nearby too. But no hogs like on Hickory Creek, if that's your thang.

Actually there are hogs on Packsaddle. Its close enough to the river that many get on there. I have heard a couple parts of Black Kettle have had hogs occassionaly.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kinda luck you looking for? deer- archery, muzzleloader, gun? quail? waterfowl? There is lots of corp land around Texoma and on the Washita river arm of the lake that is full of waterfowl. When I went to college at Durant, we hunted several times. Limited on ducks very easily. We didn't have the set up for geese though.

This is spot on. Lots of corp land around here. Lots of deer, hog and waterfowl to be found along the Washita arm.

weav199

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, more specific. Sorry guys. Deer gun. Took a week off work. Gonna tote a small camper and stay a bit. Looking towards Tulsa area, but open to options. Wilson is in Carter County. Ardmore area.

Reaction score
For what it's worth, one of the places I'm thinking of hitting during deer gun season (for deer & hogs), which is not far from you, is a large island smack in the middle of the Red River, just to the ESE of the northeast corner of Love Valley, and SSE of the southeast corner of Hickory Creek, where those two public lands converge. I would hope that not that many hunt it, being hard to access - we'll see. Look on the map and you'll see which island I'm talking about - it's all wooded. I think it's technically Love Valley, or maybe Lake/COE area. If you want to help me do a drive there, hit me up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom