Cheapest place to get a hot water tank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if they are the absolute cheapest, but we have always found Lowe's to be a bit less than Home Depot. Don't know if that helps any ...

lowes sells whirpool brand, i wouldnt suggest getting that brand, if he can wait till monday i would go to a plumbing supply store and get a NAME brand, A O SMITH, RHEEM, BRAFORD WHITE, something thats got a good history behind it...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lowes sells whirpool brand, i wouldnt suggest getting that brand, if he can wait till monday i would go to a plumbing supply store and get a NAME brand, A O SMITH, RHEEM, BRAFORD WHITE, something thats got a good history behind it...

There is a plumbing place on 10th Street that we have bought heating elements for the hot water tank from. Their prices seemed okay. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place right now ...

I think they are somewhere between MacArthur and Council on the north side of the road.

It has been a couple of years since we were there ... They did have name brand stuff there.

The guys at Locke Supply sent us there.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Locke supply would be my choice.

You must have a better Locke than we do in Clinton... Quite often even Ace is cheaper.

As for the water heater, might check around and see if Lowe's or Home Depot has any in their scratch and dents. Those prices might be negotiable if you can find one that's they're about to eat and send off, especially if you have cash.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You must have a better Locke than we do in Clinton... Quite often even Ace is cheaper.

As for the water heater, might check around and see if Lowe's or Home Depot has any in their scratch and dents. Those prices might be negotiable if you can find one that's they're about to eat and send off, especially if you have cash.

Cheaper and better are two different things. I would suggest locke also. I have a buddy that a plumber and with his discount it is a little cheaper than the big hardware stores and a better unit.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you...I was thinking Locke also, home depot is not bad either. Glad someone suggested dent and ding at home depot..will check that tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom