It Has Come to This My Friends; Bozo the Clown in Politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if this is funny or sad. You tell me.

It Has Come To This: O'Donnell Family Straightens Out Father's Bozo The Clown Career

Christine O'Donnell's campaign is facing yet another set of questions about her background, and this time it's on a really weird line of discussion -- whether her father was Philadelphia's local Bozo the Clown. Seriously.

As the Mark Leibovich at the New York Times reports, the O'Donnell family's past claims that her father Daniel O'Donnell had worked as Bozo sparked an uprising of online commenters who insisted that no, Daniel O'Donnell was not listed on Wikipedia as having been one of the many regionally licensed Bozo the Clown TV hosts.
awww.talkingpointsmemo.com_assets_c_2010_10_bozo_clown_odonnell_inset_cropped_proto_custom_2.jpg

But now Leibovich has sorted things out -- Daniel O'Donnell was an occasional understudy Bozo, not a full-time holder of the Bozo mantle. From their phone conversation:

"Who told you I was Bozo?" he wanted to know.

"Your son," I said, at which point he confirmed that yes, he was Bozo, but not an official, full-time certified Bozo, more of a part-time Bozo.

"To be an official Bozo, you had to go to a special school in Texas," explained Mr. O'Donnell. He never did. Instead, he was asked to fill-in for the official Bozos whenever they would have to travel out of the Philadelphia area for acting gigs.

"They would leave, I would come in and work for two or three weeks, whatever, until the regular Bozo came back," Mr. O'Donnell said. "I was the fill-in Bozo."

The TPM Poll Average of the Delaware Senate race has the former part-time Bozo's daughter Christine O'Donnell -- who many comedians and bloggers have depicted as something of a bozo herself -- trailing Democratic nominee Chris Coons by 55.0%-39.6%.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...out-fathers-bozo-the-clown-career.php?ref=fpb

I'm glad that's all straightened out. :rollingla

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
She will have an "Open Big Ring" program and allow all those Illegal Clowns into our circuses. Where are our Minute Men? We need the Cotton Candy Clan to protect the sovereignty of our Big Tops. We have to protect the purity of our white faced clowns.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She could be a liberal plant. Think about it.
Bozo the clown......

[Broken External Image]
Obozo the marxist.....
[Broken External Image]
You tell me that this does not smell fishy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom