Ok, i am sure this has been discussed before... WHAT TIME DO YOU GET TO YOUR STAND???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, nautical twilight is roughly 1/2 hour before legal shooting time (or roughly 1 hour before official sunrise). I like to be AT my initial hunting location by 10-15 minutes before this nautical twilight - this gives me 10-15 minutes to get situated, and then 25-30 minutes for things to calm down and stay quiet for that long before legal shooting time.

So, arrive at stand/blind 1 hour, 15 minutes before official sunrise, ideally, and situated & still 1 hour before official sunrise. But earlier if using a climbing stand, as they take more time and make a ton of noise.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being early doesnt matter if you bust deer on your way or when you get to your stand. Depends on the set that I am hunting. If I have to cross a field or am hunting a field I like to see whats in it before I approach. If there is deer already present then I can wait til they leave before I get in my stand. However when Im hunting areas I cant view before I approach I also like to get there plenty early to allow for a "settle" period before daylight.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the hunting situation. I have went in as early as 3 hours before shooting time. The stand was in a water way in a large wheat field. When I got in it, I curled up in the floor put my head on my pack, set my silent alarm on my phone and put it in my shirt pocket. I woke up, quietly got in the seat and in about 10 minutes I could see deer in the field.
Places I am not very familiar with, I may still hunt as soon as I can see on my way to the stand.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer to get there 15-30 prior to legal shooting time to let everything quiet down. Plus I love sitting there in the dark listening to all the sounds around me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom