Decapped 500 rounds this evening...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mother of gawd....those are tiny...how are you gonna drop your powder? dipper and funnel, or ? and for the real question of why? I like to do things because I can; so I understand...lol

more importantly...what kind of weaponry are you gonna shoot those littel beggers in. Kudos to you, in my life I have not shot anywhere close to 500 .25acp's, but might had If had them available. I still wouldn't mind finding a little FIE titan in .25. Decent little pistols for the pocket.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they ARE tiny! I've loaded that stuff one time ... years ago. I think I only loaded 100 rounds. I allowed I never wanted to do that again.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If 25acp ammo costs are anywhere close to 380acp, I could see that as big justification. Tiny cases though. A big pair of tweezers with some rubber tubing over each tip might be the best way to handle them.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mother of gawd....those are tiny...how are you gonna drop your powder? dipper and funnel, or ? and for the real question of why? I like to do things because I can; so I understand...lol

more importantly...what kind of weaponry are you gonna shoot those littel beggers in. Kudos to you, in my life I have not shot anywhere close to 500 .25acp's, but might had If had them available. I still wouldn't mind finding a little FIE titan in .25. Decent little pistols for the pocket.

Just picked up a little circa WWII CZ DUO from a fellow forum member. I've gotten to where buying factory ammo is painful since i can reload it for a fraction of the cost. I've worked a deal with another forum member to trade brass for bullets so half of these 500 cases is going to him. As far as dropping powder, it's yet to be determined. I've got one of the Lee powder measures so I'll do some testing with it to see how consistent it is and whether it will even do a small enough load for 25.

That is, if my fingers hold up on me. :o

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanna have some fun, try loading 20gr. V-Max in a 17 Remington talk about pinched fingers. There are some other so called Sub calibers out there that I would not even think about loading but who knows on day that bug might bite!

Later,
Kirk

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for a powder measure on little stuff.....I have wondered about the RCBS Little Dandy. Anyone with experiece....are they more consistent with the small charges?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Just picked up a little circa WWII CZ DUO from a fellow forum member. I've gotten to where buying factory ammo is painful since i can reload it for a fraction of the cost. I've worked a deal with another forum member to trade brass for bullets so half of these 500 cases is going to him. As far as dropping powder, it's yet to be determined. I've got one of the Lee powder measures so I'll do some testing with it to see how consistent it is and whether it will even do a small enough load for 25.

That is, if my fingers hold up on me. :o

My grandfather has one of those, neat little guns. Well made too. I've thought about reloading some for him at some point too. Never tried yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom