Accidental discharge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok everyone, about 2 months ago I had this hppen to me, my story is kinda embarassing, I dont mind sharing with others, but please take it easy on me, I am 22 years old, have been around guns all of my life, and I have about 30 right now,
Now to my story, I had just bought a Brand new Ruger P944th, it is a .40S&W. I got home and broke it down to clean it out, got everything nice on it, then I put it back together with no issues, I got this pistol just to leave on my nightstand. Now I am a firm believer that a unloaded gun is useless, So I load my mag, put it in the pistol and chamber a round, I then drop the mag and put the pistol down, so that I can put another round in the mag so it will be full loaded, I then put the mag back in the pitol.
And for those of you that dont know, this Ruger has a safety that doubles as a hammer release, Now this is when I get careless I was laying in bed, I went to drop the hammer so i could store the gun and I accidently hit the trigger causing it to fire, but the worst part is that my other hand was in front of the barrel, the round was a .40S&W with a speer golddot JHP, worst pain in my life, anyone else have any stories?

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was rushed to mercy hospital, and spent a week in there, with 2 surgeries at the hospital, and I have had 1 since, the round hit the middle bone in my hand and shattered it, they did a bone graph, and hopefully I should get at least 80% use back out of my hand

Latest posts

Top Bottom