Im looking for land to shoot 1,000 yards on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
I need to find a place to shoot 1,000 yards. I used to drive out to Alva, Ok but its just to far to drive and if it ends blowing 30mph then I wasted my time. I am a firearms instructor now but grew up going to my grandpas farm. I understand cattle enough to not create any issues with the cows. I would bring my own steel targets or paper and pick up my brass (I reload anyways). I dont litter or leave trash around. I would shoot about twice a month and would be willing to either compensate you for your trouble with $$ or with helping out wherever you need it. Im not looking for a free ride. I can drive a tractor to rake hay or pull weeds in a garden to make this a fair deal. Im not looking to hunt on the land at all. Im just trying to find a place to shoot and get my drop out to 1000 yards. Let me know if you have anything or know of anyone. I would be shooting a 308, 7WSM, 338 lapua and 6.5 Creedmoore. No 50BMG's or extreme rounds like that. Thanks and email or call me.

Steve Aryan
[email protected]
918-830-1144

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't Oil Capital, or Red Castle, have 1,000 yard ranges? What about that place that does the machine gun shoot every year. Maybe they'd let you shoot there.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Doesn't Oil Capital, or Red Castle, have 1,000 yard ranges? What about that place that does the machine gun shoot every year. Maybe they'd let you shoot there.

Red Castle CAN have 1,000 yards. Its more for the guys who shoot the 1,000 yard matches than the normal folk who need drop at 700,800, and 900. They have to shut the road down when they do it so its a huge PITA.
Oil Capital doesnt. Their range goes to 300 I think which is what I have here at USSA.
The only places I know of that has a range to 1k is Badlands and Knesek.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
You're going to have a hard time finding someone who will let you shoot that long a distance over their property. We had a place in Kingfisher County setup for 1000 yard shooting but a portion of the property was sold.
A house and barn now reside in the middle of the range.
If you get lucky and find one on private property, you'll be really lucky if you can keep it for more than a couple of years.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
You're going to have a hard time finding someone who will let you shoot that long a distance over their property. We had a place in Kingfisher County setup for 1000 yard shooting but a portion of the property was sold.
A house and barn now reside in the middle of the range.
If you get lucky and find one on private property, you'll be really lucky if you can keep it for more than a couple of years.

Yup. Im looking for a couple more years on a piece of property. Its worth a shot...

Latest posts

Top Bottom