AR Prices Going Down--Rift Between Makers & Sellers Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recall at the height of the Obama scare when prices shot through the roof lots of dealers and distributors were all experts in market economics. "The demand outstrips the supply, so the price adjusts accordingly" and "charge what the market will bear" and so on. Funny how fast they shed the "it's the market" mentality when it hurts them.

Reaction score
So the retailers misread the supply and bought too many, and now wholesale prices are cut - too bad; why'd you order so many? Anyone with half a brain could have seen that bubble bursting a mile away about a year back - why on earth would you order so many? And these same retailers are free to order more at the new lower price if they want to - they're just stuck with the inventory they over-ordered on - is that the manufacturer's fault?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This article seems sort of dated in its info and while it doesn't name the manufacturer, I'd venture to guess it's Spikes Tactical. It's not like members of this board and many of the sponsors didn't do the same things.

The black rifle bubble burst a long time ago, places like shotgun news and shooting wire are just now picking up on it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This article seems sort of dated in its info and while it doesn't name the manufacturer, I'd venture to guess it's Spikes Tactical. It's not like members of this board and many of the sponsors didn't do the same things.

The black rifle bubble burst a long time ago, places like shotgun news and shooting wire are just now picking up on it.

Amen to that. You seen sponsors selling DPMS AR's on here for 1k plus that were going for $800ish before the election. They hiked their prices saying that the distributors hiked theirs, so they did so in turn

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight....

basically they are whining because they made HUGE profits at the expense of the manufacturer during and after the election, but now they have to take a hit like everybody else?

Maybe it's just too early for me still, but it seems to me to be the way it always works... the hit gets spread around, and nobody is ever immune to it.

I dunno.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they bought high and now they have to take a loss.........it happens. I wonder how many people out there are still trying to get $25 a pop for magpul Pmags

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they bought high and now they have to take a loss.........it happens. I wonder how many people out there are still trying to get $25 a pop for magpul Pmags

True, but think of how many they bought cheap at the expense of the manufactures, then sold high.

I think it all has a way of leveling itself out. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom