Gun range and concealed carry classes in Norman?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sgt. Everetts is just south of Indian Hills Rd. on the I-35 service road...great instructor and he's also an attorney so that helps. He has his own range as well which is nice.

Jewels

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went over to Sgt. Everetts. They seem like good people. The problem is that I want a concealed carry permit that includes a Glock. My gun isn't a Glock and it's only for protecting my home.... Gosh, how do I say this... I have a girly gun that will do the job but I would like to practice on other guns. Why? Because I want to be proficient in a variety of guns. I suppose I should just go to H & H.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Julie, most of us would be more than happy to let you try out what we have. Thats whats great about the gun community. I cant shoot them all at once right? I go to sgt Everetts on occasion but can only let you shoot my Ruger LCP and HK P7. Why? Because my glock is on loan to a friend that didnt have the money to buy a gun after his permit. Should have it back in the next few weeks hopefully.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went over to Sgt. Everetts. They seem like good people. The problem is that I want a concealed carry permit that includes a Glock. My gun isn't a Glock and it's only for protecting my home.... Gosh, how do I say this... I have a girly gun that will do the job but I would like to practice on other guns. Why? Because I want to be proficient in a variety of guns. I suppose I should just go to H & H.

What does this mean? The class is mostly legal instruction, and a quick qualification on the range. You can qualify with any semi-auto to get clearance to carry a Glock, and you won't fire many rounds at the class (50). But if you want to try out a variety of guns, yes, you should try H&H; they have a pretty impressive lineup of rentals.

I'm also in Norman, and have two Glocks (22 and 23). I did my class at Everett's. Only good things to say about it. Though I have not-so-good things to say about the other shooters that I took the class with. Couldn't hit squat haha. Personally I don't much like most of the attitudes of the guys working at H&H, and the proximity of Everett's was a selling point, too.

Julie, most of us would be more than happy to let you try out what we have. Thats whats great about the gun community. I cant shoot them all at once right? I go to sgt Everetts on occasion but can only let you shoot my Ruger LCP and HK P7. Why? Because my glock is on loan to a friend that didnt have the money to buy a gun after his permit. Should have it back in the next few weeks hopefully.

Awfully trusting of you, hah. I wouldn't loan my guns to anybody but my parents, who taught me to never lend a firearm to anybody (both retired FBI), and MAYBE one of my 2-3 best friends. I'll loan someone a gun to shoot, if I'm there with them.

Am I a bad gun community citizen? :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom