Background Check Question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TumblingDice

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a first time handgun buyer and interested in a weapon I found on Gunbroker.com. Since payment is due upfront buying online I have some concern about the subsequent background check here in OK. Besides a few traffic citations, my only brush with the law as an adult was a DWI nine years ago. I had a couple of scrapes as a minor - around thirty years ago. Would you think it's a safe bet I'd pass the check? I appreciate any feedback...

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a first time handgun buyer and interested in a weapon I found on Gunbroker.com. Since payment is due upfront buying online I have some concern about the subsequent background check here in OK. Besides a few traffic citations, my only brush with the law as an adult was a DWI nine years ago. I had a couple of scrapes as a minor - around thirty years ago. Would you think it's a safe bet I'd pass the check? I appreciate any feedback...

Did you plea the DWI down?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you a fugitive from justice?

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Are you a non-immigrant alien?

Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?

Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes having been adjudicated incompetent to manage your own affairs) or have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

Are you an alien illegally in the United States?

Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year?

Have you been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation?

Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner?

Have you been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?

Have you ever renounced your United States citizenship?

As Oklahoma does not require a permit to own a firearm; if you can honestly answer NO to all of these questions, you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom