I have the stomach bug How long does it last?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barsoom

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im sick at home with a stomach bug,;;;;;; nasty stuff... Im at the only good point about throwing up right now (you know the period of time where you feel almost ok after you just puked)....

Anyway any know how long this crap lasts or am I one of the first to catch it this year? I havent been this sick for years

Pray one for me if you would...

Thanks

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! I don't get stomach bugs alot but my wife seems to. Her's usually lost between 24-48 hours but I don't think she usually gets as sick as you sound.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a typical virus that comes around once or twice a year. Not much you can do, it'll last 24-48 hours. Drink lots of fluid, alot of electrolytes (preferably pedialyte over anything else including Gatorade), light meals consisting of saltine crackers and chicken broth.

If symptoms last more than 2 days, follow up with a physician asap.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mine is usually the 24 hour bug. drink plenty of water, and try to eat some light food like saltines. It'll get better, just hang in there.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get your doc to call in some promethazine for you. Also known as phenergan. It's a life saver if you're tossing toenails.

Skip the promethazine and go straight for the zofran (ondansetron).

However, if you're puking beyond belief and can't keep oral meds down, request promethazine gel.

Its a dandy drug that I've compounded before, you squirt 0.2 mL of the gel on your wrists and its absorbed transdermally. It works faster and more effectively than the suppositories and is more comfortable too!

Only down side is some insurances don't cover compounds, but its cheap (~$12 a syringe which has 5 doses each lasts 4-6 hours vs tablets at 4 hours apiece).

Latest posts

Top Bottom