Freelance Interpreter for Tulsa Courts question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it takes to interpret in the courts here in Tulsa? I have seen a few interpreters outside the courts asking who needs an interpreter. Apparently they average between $25 -$35 per person. That’s not bad if you ask me, so if anyone knows what you need to do please let me know.

Regards,

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call the Court Clerk's office. They should be able to tell you. If you are serious about sidelining you might get some business cards and a letterhead worked up and send out a mass mailing to the local attorneys in the area.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call the Court Clerk's office. They should be able to tell you. If you are serious about sidelining you might get some business cards and a letterhead worked up and send out a mass mailing to the local attorneys in the area.

:thumbup3:

Hey thanks, I will look up their number tonight and call them in the AM.

Regards,

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the Municipal court here in Tulsa and the manager gave me the green light to work as a freelancer. (wooohoooo) I also went to the Tulsa County Court house to get an app, but the Judges have to certify me. I also dropped off my resume at the detectives division because I was told there always in need of an interpreter.

One of the court officers stated that the Tulsa LEO’s are always in need of interpreters does anyone know who I can contact so I can get my foot in that door?

Regards,

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This might be a good time to mention that you DO realize you will be working "for" the dregs of society, don't you??

You are gonna have to translate some pretty profane, disgusting things ... word for word ... just something you might need to consider.

(Yeah, I am biased ... I worked for a bilingual attorney whose entire client base was illegal aliens, stripper girlfriends of illegal aliens and drug addicted wife-beating illegal aliens ... It was a riot! For about the first 3 months ... after that, well, I started carrying a gun and refused to work after 5 and on the weekends unless the attorney was gonna be in the office too.)

Good luck.

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's a great way to meet some of the heavey hitter lawyers. The Municipal office manager said if the city had the money he would hire me as a bailiff.

Said my resume was very good, I think the more he sees my face their that time will come where they will make that offer.

I will see..

trickormate

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have turned in my packet to be certified by Tulsa County w/ my resume attached. I think they said the process takes about 2 weeks to see if I get approved.

I don't think I will have a problem getting the OK from the board of Judges.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck. Since HB 1804, the need for translators has diminished greatly (so has revenue to the city and county for fines, court costs, etc).

Latest posts

Top Bottom