Would like some help with toilet please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I noticed this morning when you flush the toilet in our guest bathroom, water is leaking out of the top of the tank. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I noticed this morning when you flush the toilet in our guest bathroom, water is leaking out of the top of the tank. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Have you taken the lid off to flush it and see if there is a line at the top of the flush thingy that somehow detached? (Note: I only recommend this if you have a shut off valve at the toilet, and I'm not a pro, but that was the problem I had once.)

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful if you take the lid off and flush it, if the top of the valve is busted off... you're going to have water hitting the ceiling. Hold a wash cloth over it at first until you can make sure this isn't the case.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I hate to work on anything plumbing related it ALWAYS seems to snowball. Good luck with it.

Yep. I've got one right now that we had an issue with it leaking. Come to find out (after replacing everything in it), there is a hairline crack that requires the tank to be about half full before the water weighs enough to push through.

Since we only use one bathroom anyway, we haven't bothered replacing it... just dumping extra water in the bowl after it evaporates a little to hold the septic smells down.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I hate to work on anything plumbing related it ALWAYS seems to snowball. Good luck with it.

Experience has taught me two things
1)never tell the wife that it will be a quick fix...it won't be
2)don't tear it apart unless you have a full day to throw away

Latest posts

Top Bottom