Trooper’s killer resentenced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trooper’s killer resentenced

LAWTON - A former firefighter has again received the death penalty for the 2003 fatal shooting of an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper.

Comanche County District Judge Mark Smith announced the verdict Monday in the resentencing trial of Ricky Malone, who was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to death for the Dec. 26, 2003, killing of Nik Green.

Malone shot Green after Green found him in a car in Cotton County that had a mobile methamphetamine lab inside. Malone’s sentence was overturned on appeal.

District Attorney Fred Smith said the judge found two aggravating circumstances - that Green was a police officer killed in the line of duty and that his murder was to avoid arrest and prosecution for the underlying crime of manufacturing meth.

A Jan. 14 execution date has been set, but the district attorney said that will likely change when appeals are filed.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol @ the above

I hope they take all the time they need, in order to allow justice to be served to its fullest. If it means the guy fries, strap him up.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol @ the above

I hope they take all the time they need, in order to allow justice to be served to its fullest. If it means the guy fries, strap him up.

Justice has been served, TWICE. Unless you want to personally pay his room and board for the next 10+ years out of your own pocket, put him in the chair or on the table. Just quit wasting our hard earned money.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justice has been served, TWICE. Unless you want to personally pay his room and board for the next 10+ years out of your own pocket, put him in the chair or on the table. Just quit wasting our hard earned money.

Justice hasn't been fully served, YET. We have rules and procedures for a reason. There's a reason why we don't have mob rule. This is America and we love our justice. Love it or leave it!
PS We spend significantly more money on things that aren't related to death row inmates.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol @ the above

lol @ you

If there was even the slightest shadow of a doubt that this guy did it I would say take all the time you need. However, in this instance there is absolutely no doubt. It is time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom