In need of a reputable place to repaint and finish my wood stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have a PSL and I dislike the different colors in the wood stock greatly, I was thinking of getting the wood repainted to a Russian red. I have no experience doing it so I'd rather just take it to a reputable place and get it done. Does anyone Know a place here in Tulsa and about how much do you think its going to cost me? Also does anyone know where I can buy a matching set or a Russian red set at? I checked ebay and gunbrooker nothing really caught my eye.

ai1031.photobucket.com_albums_y378_playaking88_IMG_08692.jpg

Hoorayebay

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats an easy DIY project. No need in sending it off. Get some chemical stripper, fine grit sandpaper, some wood stain(home depot has some nice red stains), and an aerosol lacquer and you're set.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on this. I redid a stock a couple of years ago and its not a big deal.
If you want to go this way, I'm sure some of the folks on the forum will help with tips.

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well see I am worried that if I did it myself id have paint streaks and I really wouldn't want that. Also I'am probably the worst person with aerosol cans every time I paint something with one ill apply it to generously causing it to drip

Dennishoddy: would you happen to have pics of how yours turned out.

bmw530

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So yall talked me into doing it my self just picked up some KS-3 Premium Stripper, Red Oak stain, Clear Semi gloss and some 220 Grit sand paper. I'll let yall know how it goes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well see I am worried that if I did it myself id have paint streaks and I really wouldn't want that. Also I'am probably the worst person with aerosol cans every time I paint something with one ill apply it to generously causing it to drip

Yes I do. this old 1928 Mod 12 win was a beater. Honeybee did the rust blue, and I did the wood.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010007.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010006_1.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If GC can do it anybody can ... he has done quite a few and they all turned out beautiful ... Just take your time. Very fine grit sandpaper and a tack cloth are your buddies ...

ETA: Oooohhhhh Dennis ... very very nice!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom