Tanning hides?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in OKC but I have used Moyle's Mink Tannery for years. They are the official tanner for the National Trappers Assoc. www.moytown.com. They do a great job and are very reasonable. Stretch and dry your hide then ship it to them. The quality of the tan will depend alot on how well you prepare the hide. You need to get all fat and meat off it and then stretch it and dry it well before shipping.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in OKC but I have used Moyle's Mink Tannery for years. They are the official tanner for the National Trappers Assoc. www.moytown.com. They do a great job and are very reasonable. Stretch and dry your hide then ship it to them. The quality of the tan will depend alot on how well you prepare the hide. You need to get all fat and meat off it and then stretch it and dry it well before shipping.

+1.
As I understand it, there are few tannerys left in the US. and they stay really busy.

There is a Taxidermist in Stillwater named Bob Rowe, that used to tan his own hides for mounts. I don't know if he takes on additional hides just for tanning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom