Doing the right thing question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so yeah this did happen. It isnt a theoretical.
We were at a Mustang restaurant. Its one of my favorites. Im not telling you any more about which.
As I was finishing my food, I saw a single roach on the floor run under my table.
I finished eating and quietlytold the manager as we were leaving. Didnt cause a scene, didnt tell it loud enough for anyone else to hear. Just the manager and our cashier.
What would you do?
I definitely did not call the health department. I greatly enjoy eating there. Dont wanna run the risk of them getting shut down. There are few enough restaurants within bike riding distance as it is.
Rant away :thumb:
P.S. Im going to eat there as soon as i click "submit". Ive eaten at much dirtier restaurants.
ETA: What was that health department website where you could search by restaurant? NVM. Found it. http://www.ok.gov/health/pub/wrapper/foodservice.html

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldnt have worried about it.

I know a guy who worked for a major pest control company that serviced a lot of well know restuarants. He said if people knew what he knew and saw what he saw they wouldnt ever eat in any of them. Said they were all infested with critters!!!

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stopped at a place one time with my family after i had been up working for about 3 days with no sleep. we ordered, then i actuallly fell asleep at the table. i woke up when our order was brought out and started eating as i was famished. about the time i was finishing, i noticed no one else was really eating. i asked why, cause i thought it was very good, and they said look around. there were DOZENS of roaches on every surface you could see. walls, floors, ceiling, tables, everywhere! there was large ones, small ones, and every size in between. we paid the check and left and have never been back. too bad to cause the food really was good.

OrangeToTheBone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a former restaurant manager, I would say you did exactly the right thing. Most people don't understand that EVERY restaurant has the little buggers and it's because of how efficient they are at what they do.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure that one roach is too much to bear for me. Although, I once ate at the chinese buffet on Lincoln and halfway though a roach is actually in my fried rice! Informed the staff obviously and have not returned. UGH!

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a roach drop out of a chicken breast at popeye's on 41st and 169 about 2 yrs ago. I was pi$$ed said a few loud, choice words and walked out. A couple of others followed me out. I know they have them at most places where food is served but that doesn't mean I have to take it without saying something!!

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would make you sick to walk through any kitchen at any food place. From what I've seen sonic and Mickey d's are the worst. Crap just piled up everywhere.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt you could operate a restaurant without getting the occasional roach. Even if you sprayed every week, that doesn't mean one couldn't wander in and be seen before it died.

One time my wife and I were eating in Tulsa in the mid afternoon. It was pretty thinned out due to the hour. I looked across the dining room and there was a mouse sitting on top of a table eating a french fry. I called the waiter over and he was horrified. I didn't like the fact that the mouse seemed almost tame and was out during the middle of the day on top of a dining table. Needless to say the meal was on the house and we left without finishing. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom