Aimpoint / Eotech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several questions and I have been curious about it for awhile, I was wondering how these manufacturers got away with copyright or any law to stop them from robbing people.

Chinese made Eotech and Aimpoint. They looks just almost exactly to the real ones. Didnt they violated the patent / trademark?

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I understand it you have to have patents in every country you wish to not have anyone else messing with you. It's not worth it to most to do every country because it's $20k+ for every country.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several questions and I have been curious about it for awhile, I was wondering how these manufacturers got away with copyright or any law to stop them from robbing people.

Chinese made Eotech and Aimpoint. They looks just almost exactly to the real ones. Didnt they violated the patent / trademark?

The Chinese companies don't make EOTechs or Aimpoints - they make cheesy airsoft clones with copyright infringed logos and designs. They can do that because there is no law that prevents them from doing that in China. Its why software, manufacturing, clothing, designer purses, etc... are all cloned and fakes are made in China via what would normally be copyright infringement, but they can sell them over the internet with no consequences.

Make no mistake, those clones are nowhere near the real deal - most have tape and glue holding them together on the inside and won't hold zero on a .22.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chinese companies don't make EOTechs or Aimpoints - they make cheesy airsoft clones with copyright infringed logos and designs. They can do that because there is no law that prevents them from doing that in China. Its why software, manufacturing, clothing, designer purses, etc... are all cloned and fakes are made in China via what would normally be copyright infringement, but they can sell them over the internet with no consequences.

Make no mistake, those clones are nowhere near the real deal - most have tape and glue holding them together on the inside and won't hold zero on a .22.

I raised this question because I'm still somewhat mad. It was my fault I admit. 3 - 4 years ago I purchased an Aimpoint over Ebay and paid a good amount of money for it, when the box came I opened it and put it on my AR without knowing between fake and real. Took it to the range and test it out and of course at 25yards it will do the job. One day browsing around on ARF and found an article about fake and real aimpoint, after read all that and found out I've bought myself a fake one.

Okie

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I raised this question because I'm still somewhat mad. It was my fault I admit. 3 - 4 years ago I purchased an Aimpoint over Ebay and paid a good amount of money for it, when the box came I opened it and put it on my AR without knowing between fake and real. Took it to the range and test it out and of course at 25yards it will do the job. One day browsing around on ARF and found an article about fake and real aimpoint, after read all that and found out I've bought myself a fake one.

Oh damn, I'm sorry to hear that my friend:comfort:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah that sucks man - sometimes those lessons are the ones that stick with us though.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got stuck with a fake EOTech a few years ago. My fault for not educating myself first. It holds zero fine, but there is ghosting, and it is not visible in very bright light. I took it apart to see what makes it tick. It's would be fine for a play toy 22, that stays pretty much dry, and shoots pretty much indoors, or in the shade. Still sucks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom