Mossberg Tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have 1 of the Mossberg Tactical .22LR AR-15 style rifles?

I am in the market for a AR style .22, I have been looking at the S&W M&P 15-22, and the colt .22. But I have been looking on the internet and I found the mossberg and it is about half the cost of the S&W. It still has the tactical look, collapsable stock, quad rail, carry handle etc. I want to be able to see 1 in person before I buy it, the only downside I see with it, is that it only has a 10 round mag. I can buy the mossberg for $225 or I can get an M&P 15-22 for $400.

What do yall think? does anyone have this mossberg?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had no idea that Mossberg was making an AR type .22 rifle. I would assume it uses the Plinkster magazines.

THE FOLLOWING ARE QUOTES I GOT FROM SOMEONE POSTING ABOUT IT ON GLOCKTALK:
All I do know for sure is that it is a plinkster action, with a skin on it. There is not a seperate upper and lower reciever, and there is no charging handle, the bolt has a standard style charging handle on it. The carry handle is non removeable and the stock is a 6 position stock.

Got it picked up. Not a bad looking gun overall. Definately cheaply made, as was expected. Everything seems in working order though, and I am going to take it out in a little bit and see how it shoots. I have some Winchester Wildcats and some Win plated 333 bulk pack to try in it. Hopefully it will eat one of both of these. Well, I finally got back around to this. I forgot to put the camera on the charger, so no pics right now, but you can see them at budsgunshop.com . We went out to the local gun club with it tonite, took an assortment of ammo. I had on hand Winchester 333 bulk pack plated, Winchester Wildcats, Wolf bulk, and Blazer bulk pack. This gun fed all of the ammo on hand 100%. Not near 100% but 100%! Altogether we shot almost 500 rounds out of it tonite, without one single failure. No cleaning out of the box, it was shipped wet so we shot it that way.

As far as accuracy goes, it was on par with what I expected. We were shooting on an outdoor rifle range so we just stuck a target on the 50 yard billboards. Once we got the sights in all of the ammo except the Wildcats shot to pretty much the exact same point of aim. It was easy with iron sights(or plastic as the case may be) to keep a 2" group on the bull at 50 yards. No doubt I could plug a squirrel at that distance. Easy to hit soda cans at that distance every time.

This gun will cycle as fast as you can pull the trigger, and with no hangups. I am not sure if its a fluke or not, but we checked the trigger with a pull gauge and came up with 4.5lbs. Its relatively crisp also.

I would say that, despite its overwelming plastic construction, its a good quality rifle for the price. On that, I must also not, Buds raised the price on them today to 243 instead of the 229 that I paid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom