selling an air rifle to NJ resident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am selling an air rifle. A person from New Jersy wants to buy the air rifle. In New Jersy an air rifle is conisdered a firearm. I really don't agree with that.
I am not sure if I should sell to this guy or not. Federal laws don't consider an air rifle as a firearm.

another data point:
I bought the rifle from a IL resident. They aren't allowed to have an air gun that shoots faster than 500 fps. This rifle does twice that.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
prohibited to ship to NJ by their state law.

I wouldn't do it.

Agreed!! If it's illegal there why bother, just to make a buck? That's no different then selling a gun to a felon locally. I personally would not do it just to make a buck. My freedom is worth a hell of a lot more.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f72_achsa09_its_a_trap.jpg

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A while back I heard that some "officials" in New York where trying to get people to do similar things. Bloomberg was involved somehow, heard about it on Gun Talk.

Be careful, be honest, be legal. You could not just get yourself in trouble but could make things bad for everyone.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sell it as a dewat or send it with no return address
as long as you are out of there borders you shouldnt have a problem unless you are breaking a postal law which may or may not be circumvented by sending it ups.

I got a gun in the mail and they made sure to beat the barrel into the ground untill it broke thru the cardboard (I guess so they could prove to there boss that the suspicion of it being a gun was correct) because you can't send a gun thru usps. It was an antique so it was not classified as a gun so I didn't get in trouble.

Needless to say whenever I get a package from USPS I wait for the knock and open the door really quick and yell WHAT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom