Best 380 Ammo for home defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the one that's proven to feed reliably ... .380 auto pistol are notorious for fail to feed/eject.

besides the fact that a majority of .380 auto pistols are low priced pistols. meaning the factory can only afford to spend so much time. what I'm getting at is most small auto pistols need a fluff and buff.

also starting to think that some failure to feed in small auto pistols are from limp wristing. (hold your .380 auto pistol firmly)

.380 self defensive ammo I'd even consider will have ball profile.
there are a few SD ammo with identical profile as ball ammo.

better yet... don't carry .380 auto pistols at all...
my beautiful German Walter PPK .380 is now a safe queen due to fail to feed.
my CCW is a 340PD (revolver) with full house .357

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speer Gold Dot feeds in my SIG 230, but then it feeds almost anything.
As to home defense, well..........there's something a lot larger available in my house.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The .380 doesn't come into its own until your shooting it out of a pistol with almost a 4"bbl. Out of the shorter barreled guns now so popular, its a pretty weak contender(not that I want to get shot with one), and expansion is iffy even in the longer barreled guns. Ball/round nose ammo is going to be your best bet. To get the most out of that, get yourself some Fiochii or S&B. Either of those tend to be hotter than most of the US made ammo. With the .380 penetration is king!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom