Sarah Palin: 'We Gotta Stand With Our North Korean Allies'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do we really want this woman running ANYTHING?

Was it a simple blunder or did a possible 2012 presidential contender really get her geography wrong?

That's the question being debated after Sarah Palin said in an interview with Glenn Beck Wednesday that North Korea was a U.S. ally.

When asked by Beck how she would handle a situation like the one that was developing in North Korea, Palin responded: "This is stemming from, I think, a greater problem when we're all sitting around asking, 'Oh no, what are we going to do,' and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea is going to do."

It is unclear whether Palin is talking about sanctions against North Korea, or U.S. sanctioning -- i.e. approving or supporting -- its actions.

Palin continued: "Obviously, we gotta stand with our North Korean allies," when Beck interrupted and corrected her to say "South Korea."

"And we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes," she responded.

Palin's gaffe immediately caught fire on the blogosphere. Liberals jumped to show her response as evidence of Palin's lack of foreign policy expertise. Conservatives came to her defense, pointing to her response immediately before the gaffe where she discusses sanctions.

Palin has yet to address the incident.

Listen to the exchange on YouTube.

This is not the first time that Palin, on a whirlwind book tour of her new book "America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag," has taken heat for her words.

Last month, Palin endorsed West Virginia GOP candidate John Raese on Twitter but got his state wrong.

Other Palin gaffes, however, have changed the modern lexicon. The New Oxford American Dictionary made her term "refudiate" the official 2010 word of the year. Palin's use of the word -- seemingly a mix of refute and repudiate -- launched critics into a frenzy when she first posted it on her Twitter page over the summer.

The quasi leader of the Tea Party movement has emerged as a powerful force in the conservative movement, and she is making her presence known.

From appearing on Dancing with the Stars to cheer on her daughter, Bristol, to her multiple appearances on Fox News and 16-city book tour, Palin's actions have fueled much speculation about a possible presidential run in 2012.

Story and Video Here

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh for Christ's sakes, she made a common gaffe - and that's a reason for her to be disqualified for office? I'm not a fan - and wouldn't vote for her; but Barry makes mistakes like "57 states" and that's OK? I'd liken what she said to me mixing my kid's names up when I go to correcting them. It happens. Fifty seven states doesn't.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh for Christ's sakes, she made a common gaffe - and that's a reason for her to be disqualified for office? I'm not a fan - and wouldn't vote for her; but Barry makes mistakes like "57 states" and that's OK? I'd liken what she said to me mixing my kid's names up when I go to correcting them. It happens. Fifty seven states doesn't.

She didn't correct herself....Beck corrected her.
At least she can see Russia from her backyard :D

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do we really want this woman running ANYTHING?

Story and Video Here

If you actually think she doesn't know the difference then you're the doofus.She's been interviewed a hundred times in the last few weeks all over the country.Probably with little to no sleep.This is nothing but a minor miss speak.It pales in comparason to obama's and some members of Congress (remember pelosi's "we need to pass this health care bill so we can see what's in it") behavior and statements.This isn't even newsworthy.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wait, a slip of the tongue by a Republican happens, but by a Democrat it isn't allowed? Especially when the whole 57 states has been discussed as him being tired from travel, thinking they hit all fifty but stopping halfway and meaning to correct for 47. Things happen when people are under pressure, mistakes slip out. When you're on an interview and you haven't done ANYTHING to be stressed or worn out, making a mistake and saying North Korea is our ally is the dumbest thing you can say.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I agree... So what she sucks on international stuff. I'm more concerned with what's going on in our back yards than what's going on in the world. I will take her over Barry any day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom