My girl got her first deer tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I gotta first say thanks to another member on the board, Schuster. He tried really hard to put us on some deer to help my 8 yo daughter get her first deer. But the weather just didn't cooperate today.

So we started the day a long away from home on somebody elses land to try and get a deer. The wind was just horrible and we didn't get one. So my daughter decided that she wanted to go home and sit in our treestand at a place close to our house. It's not a very good place, but we've spent alot of time over there and it's familiar to her. So I told her that it was her hunt and we would do whatever she wanted. We got there about 4:30 and immediately saw a couple of does. But they went the other direction. So we waited patiently and about 5:15 two does and a 6 point start heading our way. She really wanted to get a buck for her first deer. Normally I would pass on a 6, but I was going to let her shoot whatever she wants. The buck hung up too far out, but the does came in to 20 yards. I didn't think she was ever going to shoot. But she waited for the right shot and put a bullet right through the boiler room. The doe ran about 60 yards and collapsed. She was using a single shot .357mag rifle with 140gr hornady leveRevolution ammo and a weaver 1-3x scope. She is super excited. And she had to have her own set of latex gloves so she could dig through the gut pile and identify all of the organs. Future doctor maybe?

ai270.photobucket.com_albums_jj96_c1pyle_94be408a.jpg

stymie001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to your daughter and to you. You'll have a hunting buddy for life. Maybe next year my daughter will get a chance at her first doe. I couldn't find a deer lease this year, but we have a good duck hunting spot.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's awesome! I took my daughter this year for her first time but she didn't get to shoot the deer. I still have to get her hunter education class out of the way. I bet her shooting her first deer was just as exciting to you as your first deer you shot! Congrats to her and you for a very memorable hunt!

Latest posts

Top Bottom