The New Remington 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Yep, Remington is back (after quite a few years) making a 1911.

I got to handle this gun, but not shoot it. Price is okay, fit and finish is nice, and its all American made.

Has anyone bought this pistol?? Has anyone shot it?? Pro's/Con's??

Info:From Remington web-site.

The Remington Model 1911 R1 is manufactured with pride and precision, to the exacting standards you’ve come to expect from Remington. Right here in Ilion, New York.

Key Features:
Barrel length 5"
Flared and lowered ejection port
Sights, dovetail front and rear, 3 dot
Double diamond walnut wood grips
Satin black oxide metal finish
Weight 38.5 ounces
Carbon steel frame and slide
Capacity 7 + 1
Two 7-shot magazines supplied
Shipped in custom carrying case

ai49.tinypic.com_18zolu.jpg

Thanks!!
Cohiba

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys say you've heard bad things, how bout you post the bad thing you've heard.:uhh: I think it looks nice, but haven't heard anything about it.

:scratch:

supposedly they are having problems with the slides locking up. Not for sure if its true or not but I have heard that they are assembled from non US parts even though they are advertised as being "Made in the USA" I dont have any first hand experience with this pistol and I am just passing on what I have been told.

TJohn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one, but only put about 100 rounds through it so far (Hornady, Aguila, Remington). No problems, jams or feeding issues with FMJ or hollow points of different brands, unlike most other new in the box 1911's that I have heard about. I have not heard of any major issues with them, nor have I had any. I like the sights better than most of the 1911's I handled in the same price range. It is my first 1911, as my primary experience with semiauto pistols has been with Glocks, Beretta PX4's, Walther P99 & PPS, and more Glocks.

The fit and finish seems as good as anything I have seen in the same price range. The pistol is not overly tight, but it isn't so loose that it rattles or anything like that. It balances as well as anything that I have seen in it's price range. It seems accurate enough out of the box. I have not had a problem with the slide locking up. The inside of the slide isn't machined as nice as a $1,200+ 1911, but it isn't a $1,200+ 1911 anyways. It seems dependable enough but I need to shoot it some more to confirm. At this point I don't regret my decision to purchase it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom