To the person who is opening gates in south OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:finger:

What is wrong with people. I went for my daily jog today and found three dogs. All had collars and all from different houses. I would expect this after a wind storm.

I saw several gates that were open. I got one dog home, the second is penned up in my yard I have left VMs with the owner and went by the house. My hands were too full to catch the third dog and get it home.

To top it off, while I was out wrangling dogs, the next door neighbor informs me that someone broke in two of their cars this weekend.

:explode:

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably people getting ready to break into houses from the backyard. I had a neighbor that had that happen a while back. Came home and someone had went into their backyard and tried to jimmy the back door lock open.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the dog I had penned up is on its way home now.

Yeah we keep our gates locked too. Wouldn't surprise me if it was people checking out houses. We seem to have issues everytime construction starts around here.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time a couple years ago when I was out for an early-morning walk through my old neighborhood. I came across a German shepherd dog that was obviously lost, and he followed me back to my house. On the way, I saw a second GSH wandering around, but he wouldn't come to me when I called him.

The dog came into my house, and I could tell he'd received some training because he sat and stayed on my command while I opened the blinds to read the information on his collar. Thinking I'd call the owner, I peered at the tag:

918-XXX-XXXX Broken Arrow Police Department

Whoops. I was harboring police property :eek: I called the number, and got a fellow on the phone who identified himself as a BAPD member. He said he'd be right down, and asked if I'd seen another GSH. I told him I had, and gave him a description of the area where I'd last seen the dog. 10 minutes later, the officer showed up at my house and collected the one GSH. He said the other dog had been found, and he admitted he'd let the dogs out into his backyard for their morning voiding. Someone had left the gate open :saywhat:

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never know what peoples' laziness issues are too.

When we lived in Norfolk, we had a chain link fence with a gate in the front yard. It was completely useless, as the driveway was also there, and there was the 12' wide gap for it. The fence had a gate in it though, and the postman would open the gate to deliver the mail, leave it open, and walk out the driveway gap.

Every stinking day.

I finally got tired of closing the gate every day, and bolted the latch to where he couldn't even open it. Started off with a bad bolt though, so he could work at the gate to get it open, until I got a better bolt anyway.

Some people's kids.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is it is one of the utility companies doing work and or field audits and the workes just being carelss and not making sure the gates are shut.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've caught the meter reading people doing it before....I had one of my dogs get out that way before. I've also caught them in the back yard after my guess was hopping the fence and about got to enjoy some unpleasantness had he not identified himself quickly....

Had my dog ready to go defend her yard, and pistol in hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom