What do you think of baiting deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArealGunNut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
However you want to look at it, if you put out feeders/corn/ricebran etc. it's the same to me as baiting. With all the technology out there with camera's ect. I feel alot of people are really missing out on actually hunting.

I saw a hunting show the other day and they were bragging that they only hunt 100% fair chase, which in my opinion is a joke. What they consider fair chase is hunting a property that isn't high fenced. Lets take a minute to consider their version of fair chase.

They feed year round, have a bajillion game cameras that record every possible angle and condition. They completly encase themselfs in scent free garments, climb into a treestand thats 40ft off the ground, predetermine distances with their laser rangefinder and wait for the deer to show up to eat at the same location he has found food for the last 3-5 years!

Sorry, but i don't consider that hunting. But it seems to be the trend these days. Not trying to get under anyones skin, to each his own. On a side note i do consider food plots alltogether different than scheduled feeding!

je4bowhuntin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my main problem with tv shows is that most are hunting outfitters. I wouls like to see them scout their own deer/foodplots/stand locations and hunt like we do. This would be a great show. I know some do this but the main ones are going outfitter to outfitter benifiting from someone elses scouting and acting like they are a great hunter because they shot a monster that someone else patterned...lol. We do keep 2 feeders out year round but rarely hunt the stand by them, it helps us keep the does on our 160 acres as there is no croplands around us. we are starting foodplots in the spring.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have food plots and feeders and game cameras. Oh we are so unfair to the poor poor deers.

We also have water in our ponds and blinds and decoys for ducks. Oh noes teh poor poor ducks!

And zomfg when a cow dies we actually set up on it and call and shoot coyotes. No not the poor poor coyotes!!

And the crows!! Oh how could we even use a call and decoys for crow hunting!!?? We are just murderers!!

Wait no don't forget about the fishes!! Can you actually believe that we use lures with bright flashy colors or, OMG, live bait to catch fish?!?! That's ridiculous! We might as well just walk on all fours and eat grass and not kill and eat from the Earth!

Oh teh poor deers, ducks, coyotes, crows, turkeys, dove, fishes, raccoons, pheasants, and every other poor poor game animal! How dare we even wear camouflage or shoot guns?!!! We should smear mud on our naked bodies and throw rocks!!!!

:drunk5:

Get real Phil.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This a subject that has been discussed here many times and every time people get all butt hurt about it. Fact is I hunt a feeder the majority of the time, 3 acres of hunting land and everyone one else around me feeds too. I didn't see a single deer during rifle season. Feeders are no more a guarantee than a good oak tree, or persimmon thicket.

kh496f

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have food plots and feeders and game cameras. Oh we are so unfair to the poor poor deers.

We also have water in our ponds and blinds and decoys for ducks. Oh noes teh poor poor ducks!

And zomfg when a cow dies we actually set up on it and call and shoot coyotes. No not the poor poor coyotes!!

And the crows!! Oh how could we even use a call and decoys for crow hunting!!?? We are just murderers!!

Wait no don't forget about the fishes!! Can you actually believe that we use lures with bright flashy colors or, OMG, live bait to catch fish?!?! That's ridiculous! We might as well just walk on all fours and eat grass and not kill and eat from the Earth!

Oh teh poor deers, ducks, coyotes, crows, turkeys, dove, fishes, raccoons, pheasants, and every other poor poor game animal! How dare we even wear camouflage or shoot guns?!!! We should smear mud on our naked bodies and throw rocks!!!!

:drunk5:

Get real Phil.

LOL +1

Latest posts

Top Bottom