Talking 1911 style Ace .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of 1911's, how many on here have a Colt Ace? I had one "once upon a time". I got it brand new from a dealer with a trade of a used nickel Colt 1911 + $25.00. I didn't realize how valuable they were. What a nice shooter too. Adjustible sights, 10 rnd magazine, never failed to go bang when it should.

On some dose of insanity, I traded it for a Ruger #1 in .375 H&H. What an idiot! Probably the most stupid gun deal I've done ever. The 375 was totally useless to me and the Ace was a blast.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ALL do things we regret, ALL of us. I know this is of no help and it also does not bring back my Sig P210.

I've done plenty of other ones in the past too. At a gun show or shop, a person hardly ever sees an Ace and when you do they are about 3 times what I thought I had in that one.

I guess I should look in the rimfire section of the forum more, but there was so much talk about 1911's here I thought I'd throw it out and see what the response was.

It was a great and cheap to shoot practice substitute for the big bore 1911's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom