Idaho Fish and Game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
awesome. i've been planning on moving up there after i get out of the air force. can't wait.

Have you been there before?
I know two people that wanted to "get back to nature" and moved to Idaho.
They moved back to Ok after a couple of years.
According to them, the natives are pretty tight, and don't want outsiders to come.
Just repeating what I've been told.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haven't been up there yet. one of my best friends in the AF is from Pocatello and is going to go back and be a LEO when he separates. i'm really close with his and his wife's families so fitting in shouldn't be too much of a problem. i've been seriously considering starting school to become a game warden, then moving up there and beginning that career when i separate. i'm from northeast Michigan and miss the trees, snow, water and amount of wildlife. i figure that Idaho has all of that plus a better economy, bigger animals and mountains.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haven't been up there yet. one of my best friends in the AF is from Pocatello and is going to go back and be a LEO when he separates. i'm really close with his and his wife's families so fitting in shouldn't be too much of a problem. i've been seriously considering starting school to become a game warden, then moving up there and beginning that career when i separate. i'm from northeast Michigan and miss the trees, snow, water and amount of wildlife. i figure that Idaho has all of that plus a better economy, bigger animals and mountains.

I'd love to live there for all the reasons you gave. Looks like an outdoorsmans Disneyland.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you been there before?
I know two people that wanted to "get back to nature" and moved to Idaho.
They moved back to Ok after a couple of years.
According to them, the natives are pretty tight, and don't want outsiders to come.
Just repeating what I've been told.

Too an extent, aren't most rural areas like that a little bit? There's lots of areas in the western states that have been run over and bought up and sub-divided then abandoned by people coming in with money, buying up ranch and farm land thinking they want to re-connect with nature. Then winter hits and, well, winter isn't the easiest out there.

Back to topic, great video, Idaho is a great place to visit:yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom