New to the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all! Im new to the forum and have never hunted in Oklahoma before (I have fished there a bunch though). My dad just bought 1000 acres near Talequah that supposedly has deer on it. I was just wondering what the deer quality is in the area.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all! Im new to the forum and have never hunted in Oklahoma before (I have fished there a bunch though). My dad just bought 1000 acres near Talequah that supposedly has deer on it. I was just wondering what the deer quality is in the area.

Let me know where it is and I'll take a first hand look and give you a report, but only if I can bring my bow along. :rotflmao:

TerryD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live east of muskogee about 15 minutes from tahlequah and its hard to tell does from fawns here, And the bucks I have seen arent too much bigger. The deer are awfully small in this area. I dont hunt around the house unless I have too, try do do most of my hunting in western oklahoma. But you may run into some bigger ones but I havent seen many wall hangers around here.

Txhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Porter, I'll PM you the location and I expect to have reports back asap!! lol

TerryD, thanks for the info. My Dad lives in Pryor and from what I have seen around there (mainly Selina around lake Hutson) I was not getting my hopes up about Talequah. We have big deer down here though I I figure it will be nice to get away and hunt some place new (plus Ill get to use my O.K. lifetime liscence that I have had for about ten years now and have never used).

From what I have been reading the rules in regualtions are a lot different than down here in T.X. I'll have to make sure to do plenty of research before trying any hunting up there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom