Anyone Else Catch This Lovely Bug Going Around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wednesday - I start feeling a little sinus pressure.

Thursday - I start feeling tired, a little weak, and a little more sinus pressure.

Friday - Sinus pressure, achy body, my skin hurts, 100-101 fever, sore throat. I don't have coughing fits (like my wife does with the same bug), but every cough still feels like screwdrivers being driven into my temples.

Saturday - Well, that was a fun 3 days. I wake up with a headache, but meh, some Aleve and 2 hours later and I'm feeling much better. No sore throat. No fever. Still feel a little sick, you can tell somethings up by the sounds of my coughing, but basically the way you feel when you're coming out of your funk, like the next day you're going to be 100% again.

Sunday - Syke! It's back. Wake up with a sore throat. My left nostril running like a garden hose all day. I'm coughing and sneezing up some rather disgusting looking gunk. Afternoon comes around, and so does the fever. Sunday evening the fever reaches the 101 spot again. My skin is super sensitive and even my soft clothes rubbing against it when I walk is irritating and uncomfortable.

Today - Wake up with no fever, but my left nostril is still going strong after 24 hours. My nose is so raw from wiping and blowing it. My right nostril has had nothing to do with it this entire time, I wish it'd agree to take on some responsibility, since my nose insists on running. About an hour ago the fever returned. Doesn't feel as high as it did last night, but it's still coming on, we'll see where it goes.

I've been swallowing Maker's Mark hot toddies, ColdEeze, Fisherman's Friend, DayQuil, NyQuil, Thera-Flu, and 2 other random daytime cold medicines. They all help, but man this is annoying.

The wife started about 2 days before me. A lot of people at her work were out sick last week because of it. A couple of them went to the dr who said there's just a nasty cold going around right now.

I've had my fair share of colds, but I feel like one of those over-exaggerrated people on those cold medicine commercials.

Anybody else partaking in this lovely experience?

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay the hell away from me.

Hope you feel better. Lot of people been sick around work these last few months. Sounds like what I had a few weeks ago.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
something similar - started no sleep one night - then a cough and congestion started - progressed to a sore throat - then it seemed I had the cough congestion, aches, sinus issues all together - dosed up tons of vitamin c and sleep and drank nothin but water and juice. Feelin better today but still have the cough.

Started Wed. or Thursday I forget which but I am a ton better now

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
something similar - started no sleep one night - then a cough and congestion started - progressed to a sore throat - then it seemed I had the cough congestion, aches, sinus issues all together - dosed up tons of vitamin c and sleep and drank nothin but water and juice. Feelin better today but still have the cough.

Started Wed. or Thursday I forget which but I am a ton better now

I've been drinking Emergen-C, hot teas, water, and a couple of Gatorades. I'm trying to stay on top of it, I'd hate to know how I'd feel if I didn't do anything about it.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been drinking Emergen-C, hot teas, water, and a couple of Gatorades. I'm trying to stay on top of it, I'd hate to know how I'd feel if I didn't do anything about it.

I have these immune boost ester-c 1000mg pills I take and it has seemed to work wonders. I can tell the difference. I tried the emergen-c shots and hated the taste.

nhgsr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It started for me on Friday. Unfortunately, I had to leave out Saturday morning to drive my son back to my ex-wife in eastern Tennessee. 26 hours of driving later, I am at work and feel absolutely horrible. I have a sore throat, can't breath, and every part of me aches. I am guessing this is how the zombie apocalypse begins.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It started for me on Friday. Unfortunately, I had to leave out Saturday morning to drive my son back to my ex-wife in eastern Tennessee. 26 hours of driving later, I am at work and feel absolutely horrible. I have a sore throat, can't breath, and every part of me aches. I am guessing this is how the zombie apocalypse begins.

hey now no blaming this on me....it is not a zombie take over - even Zombie is getting his hiney kicked

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had it. Took about 4 weeks to get completely over it. The worst was on about day 5 or 6. Fever, chills, achy. After that it was mainly chest and head congestion, coughing, and some headaches. Nasty stuff. Haven't had a bug this bad in several years. Don't know if it was flu or not, but the Dr. put me on antibiotics that did absolutely nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom