My insurance guy is saying that premiums are climbing in Okla due to last year's hail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoochile

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I signed up for Traveler's home insurance almost 2 years ago..my premiums have skyrocketed since then. Next month's renewal will be 70% more than 2 years ago with no claims.. my agent says insurance companies have to make up for losses in Oklahoma (including last year's hail storm) He's offering to move me to another company that will reduce the increase somewhat.

You guys seeing the same thing or do I need to start shopping around?

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have State Farm and ours is going up over $800/year. We had 2 claims last year, a burglary and a busted water pipe.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that Story from Travelers and went with another company. I heard that it is good to switch every few years anyway to get rates in check.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you guys voted in a Legislature squarely in the camp of the insurance industry. Welcome to your brave new world. You asked for it, you got it.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure as hell hope not cause mine already went up last year & between my taxes & insurance it raise my mortage a little over $200 a month. If it goes up again I'm screwed.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Farm Bureau in OKC. I just got a letter that they are canceling my insurance as of the middle of February. That gives me a month to find a new insurance company. I am mad as hell and I am not sure I am just going to take it.

On top of this, my house was beat up in the May hail storm. I just turned in the claim when I got the cancellation notice. So, they put me in a real bind. No new company will likely take me until I get the roof fixed. Their adjuster showed up on Monday and he hasn't gotten the estimates back to me. So, I have just over a month to get the roof fixed and get a new company to take me.

Farm Bureau is the only insurance company I have used in OKC. I have never turned in a claim. They said they were just moving out of my area to reduce their risk in Oklahoma County.

If, they don't get this settled pretty quick, I will be in a real mess with getting this turned around in time for a new policy.

Fortunately, I have all of my other insurance with State Farm. I have been talking with them and they will take me in a flash, but I have to have the roof fixed before they can take me. Even then my rate will go up about $500 a year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom