my Norinco SKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They seem to hold a steady price regardless of the stock, because there are a number of other variants. Removable mag, country of origin, barrel work, etc. The main selling point, for a quick sale, seems to be whether the mag is removable, or if it's top-load only.

Frankly, if I were in the market for an SKS, I'd rather have the adjustable plastic stock. We're in the age of adaptable weapon systems.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only if your SKS was one which had some "collector" value, or if the purchaser were a purist, would the lack of the original stock make a monetary difference. In fact, some would pay more for the Tapco-equipped SKS.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never really saw the point in putting a folding or collapsible stock on anythig with a 20" barrel. To each their own. I prefer the wood stock and 10 round box magazine.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never really saw the point in putting a folding or collapsible stock on anythig with a 20" barrel. To each their own. I prefer the wood stock and 10 round box magazine.

It really helps out the length of pull. I actually bought a wood stock for it and i hated it. With the collapsible I can add more length and it feels more natural for me. the pistol grip also feels more natural for me, but different strokes ya know.

HerkyBird

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't ruin your rifle with optics. There is just nowhere to effectively mount any. The receiver is not sturdy enough, nor is the gas tube. I have tried numerous combinations on my SKS to no avail. If you want to upgrade your sights, look into a Williams peep rear. I have one on mine and love it.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't ruin your rifle with optics. There is just nowhere to effectively mount any. The receiver is not sturdy enough, nor is the gas tube. I have tried numerous combinations on my SKS to no avail. If you want to upgrade your sights, look into a Williams peep rear. I have one on mine and love it.

Thanks for the tip, I was thinking about a scout scope on the gas tube. Now I'll look into those peep sights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom