Are there more convicted felons that are democrats or republicans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to this specifically but I do know two things:

1.) Within prison populations there overwhelming majority lean toward the left/democrat

2.) The democrats would LOOOOOOOOOVE to see felons get the right to vote restored to them. The republicans are very much against the idea.

Take from that what you will

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dont felons loose the right to vote (in most states) and the right to hold public office?

Sorta becomes a non-question if you cant vote and cant run....

You can run for Congress. It is up to the other Representatives and Senators to deem you unfit for service.

26 O.S. § 5-105(a) requires you to wait 15 years after completion of your sentence for your felony or embezzlement-related misdemeanor conviction before you can run for public office within the State of Oklahoma.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dont felons loose the right to vote (in most states) and the right to hold public office?

Sorta becomes a non-question if you cant vote and cant run....

That's kind of like saying that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS shouldn't get social services (because they are, well, illegally in the country) but that still happens. Part of the reason that happens even though they can't vote is that they feel entitled to the services and the politicians who want to get reelected in those states realized that they have FRIENDS who are willing to get fired up and vote for or against them depending on if they give those services or not.

I'm sure I'll get corrected if I am wrong, but typically if a demographic is brought into the political system, they tend to vote for the party who is percieved to have granted them the right to participate. Therefore, if the number DO work out that the "denied voting due to felony" crowd gets the right to because of the democrats then one would expect their votes to help the democrats.

This one might get sticky because let's say, crazily, the Republicans decided that they should push for felons to get votes. If the people that got their right to vote back were already solid Democrats, I would anticipate that they would still not jump ship and vote for the right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom