shooting .22 through 5.45x39

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at the wiki for this round at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.45x39mm and it is saying that the bullet diameter is 5.6mm (.22 inches), and not 5.45mm. Does this mean that I can shoot a .22 conversion through this barrel? The only problem I can foresee is the non-dedicated conversions have a faux chamber shaped like a .223 round. Anybody have any experience with this? I googled it to no avail.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it works, the one we cobbled up With a small amount of change to the .223 adapter with some O rings and a small bit of lath work from CMMG worked out ok. It wasn't real reliable and accuracy was so so, but it did work, But at the time the ammo was soooo cheap you couldn't even buy CCI Mini-Mags for less....we did it as a suppresed upper just to see...saw...did....won't need to do it again.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it works, the one we cobbled up With a small amount of change to the .223 adapter with some O rings and a small bit of lath work from CMMG worked out ok. It wasn't real reliable and accuracy was so so, but it did work, But at the time the ammo was soooo cheap you couldn't even buy CCI Mini-Mags for less....we did it as a suppresed upper just to see...saw...did....won't need to do it again.

Were the projectiles stabilized coming out of the 5.45 barrel?

Ek

Latest posts

Top Bottom