Dillon 1200 Brass Trimmer and Super Swage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently added a Dillon 1200 brass trimmer and Super Swage to the loading bench. As is usually the case with Dillon products, I am extremely pleased. The process time for brass has now been cut down considerably. The days of hand trimming brass are now long gone!

Strokin04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree. I just got the 1200 trimmer too, I love how fast I can decap, size and trim brass. I need to get the super swage next and I will be all set.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck I still use the old Lyman trimmer and like it, but I did add the power adapter that lets me use my cordless drill for trimming big lots. In fact I just finished trimming a couple hundred 30.06 brass.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used the RCBS swage system for years and still have two of them. I got the Dillon Super Swage last year and I use it for 99% of what I do now. It is quite a bit faster and ready to go all the time. Both work quite well, but I have bent the rod on the RCBS (small rod) a couple of times with some odd brass having a higher web internally. To me the Dillon is much faster as well, and you don't pinch fingers as easily...
One thing I can do with the RCBS that isn't as easy to do with the dillon is push a ball bearing into the primer pocket to shrink the pockets on berdan primed brass to accept a boxer primer. I machined a shell holder to hold a ball bearing, and use the swage die to push the case against it to roll the pocket in to hold a smaller primer. It works on those cases you can't get boxer primed brass for easily. Blitzfike

Strokin04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having the RCBS swage system and trying out the Dillon super swage at Mitch's shop, the Dillon gets my vote. It is faster and seems to do a better job of removing the crimp.

After searching EBay for one and seeing that they are more then a new one from Dillon, looks like I will place an order with Dillon soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom