Tulsa Firearms question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekmek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is Tulsa Firearms' policy on people keeping their spent brass. Seems like the last time I was there, two years ago, the clerk at the counter asked me where my spent brass was like they had some sort of claim to it. I just got a membership for Christmas and wanted to be prepared for any ridiculous policies beforehand.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
If you buy their Zero brand ammo you will need to return the spent brass. If you supply your own you are welcome to keep it. The only reason they ask is to make sure you're not throwing it in the trash cans in the range area.

I know this first hand because I asked when I first started shooting there. Like an idiot I threw my 22lr brass away because I knew it couldn't be reloaded. They just said the local company that services their dumpster has asked that it not be thrown away out of fear a live round gets mixed in.

No biggie.

ekmek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can want all they want but I've always been under the impression that if I buy something it's mine. Is that their set-in-stone policy? I've never seen it on their rules sheet and they didn't say anything about them having ownership of all spent brass last time I bought ammo and shot there. The clerk just kind of sprung the 'Where's your brass?' question on me.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are shooting the range ammo, Zero brand, then they want it back because they send it back to Zero as exchange. I don't think they really have an issue with you keeping brass on ammo that you brought to the range. As much brass that falls over the front of the bench, I would just buy the Zero ammo at the range and let them have the brass back.

ekmek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy their Zero brand ammo you will need to return the spent brass. If you supply your own you are welcome to keep it. The only reason they ask is to make sure you're not throwing it in the trash cans in the range area.

I know this first hand because I asked when I first started shooting there. Like an idiot I threw my 22lr brass away because I knew it couldn't be reloaded. They just said the local company that services their dumpster has asked that it not be thrown away out of fear a live round gets mixed in.

No biggie.

I guess that makes sense.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
They can want all they want but I've always been under the impression that if I buy something it's mine. Is that their set-in-stone policy? I've never seen it on their rules sheet and they didn't say anything about them having ownership of all spent brass last time I bought ammo and shot there. The clerk just kind of sprung the 'Where's your brass?' question on me.

Maybe you have a hidden agenda with TF. But it is made clear if you purchase the Zero brand ammo and get a discounted range fee you are doing so with the clear understanding that the brass will be returned.

GoArmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No biggie.

Ah... thanks for the answer. Kinda makes sense. :)

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least one of the guys behind the counter will get very upset with you if you fail to separate his brass from your own. He will roll his eyes, dress you down, accuse you of not being able to read, and stuff like that. Their treatment of me when insisting that I pay them for the privilege of sorting brass is why I will never set foot in there again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom