Did POTUS say anything anti-gun during the State of the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't bother to watch the guy, but was wondering if he said anything anti-gun. I had read some comments from the Whitehouse spokeman that led me to believe he was going to mention gun control laws.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't watch the speech, but turned over to NBC right after and Brian Williams must have asked every single talking head that came on why the President didn't address gun control. Williams suggested the Prez wasted an opportunity when (and I'm paraphrasing), 'the whole country is ripe for it.'

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't watch the speech, but turned over to NBC right after and Brian Williams must have asked every single talking head that came on why the President didn't address gun control. Williams suggested the Prez wasted an opportunity when (and I'm paraphrasing), 'the whole country is ripe for it.'

Yes, that's the impression I got from Williams as well. One of the talking-heads he spoke to was a senior political advisor in the White House who indicated that he intentionally stayed away from it because he wanted to emphasize the economy, but that big plans are in the works for the next few weeks.

The State of the Union was a very politically calculated speech, as it often is, to seem to say a lot, while being so much vapour. I have no doubt the guncontrol rhetoric is coming with a vengeance.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
B HO and his political advisors used focus groups to test how a message regarding gun control would be taken. Indications are that it would not fly with the American people today. Interesting given B HO's record on gun control and considering that he had on his web site eight hours into his term that he was goint to reinstate the (failed) Clinton AWB. Some have said that Al Gore's play for gun control cost him the election. Don't think B HO is that stupid ... but ya' never know with him!

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
B HO and his political advisors used focus groups to test how a message regarding gun control would be taken. Indications are that it would not fly with the American people today. Interesting given B HO's record on gun control and considering that he had on his web site eight hours into his term that he was goint to reinstate the (failed) Clinton AWB. Some have said that Al Gore's play for gun control cost him the election. Don't think B HO is that stupid ... but ya' never know with him!

Well, I agree that he isn't stupid when it comes to his own election interests. I only wish I could say the same for his policy ideas. The stupid seems to come out really quick when it's just our asses on the line instead of his.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never pay a bit of attention to the Address, even when I mostly don't dislike the guy in office. Theater and bluster, no substance and a waste of time.

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch Obama, What ha says never equals what he does.

He never talks about guns.

He hires a lot of people with strong gun control records like Holder and Sotomeyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom