Apple Pie Moonshine...ever tasted it??!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've got a few relatives in the hick-stick area of Missouri. A few weeks back I get a Mason canning jar sent to me of this drink called, Apple Pie Moonshine.

[Broken External Image]

Ever tasted it or made it?? Really isn't bad, tastes like a apple/cinnamon flavored Everclear. My cousin is supposed to send me his recipe.

I found this recipe on-line and will make it in a couple of weeks. I'm going to let it set in the bottom of the kitchen pantry and sample it in June or July.

[Broken External Image]
So....have you made it or tasted it??

Recipe:
1/2 gallon of apple juice
1/2 gallon of apple cider
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1/2 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

To get started, you need a large boiling pot. Add into this pot the apple juice, apple cider, the white and brown sugar, and the whole fresh cinnamon sticks. Bring these contents to a boil, then remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down to room temperature. Once at room temperature, gradually stir in the 190 proof grain alcohol. What you don’t consume in one sitting, you can bottle for later use. Store it in sterile Mason jars, place one cinnamon stick in each jar, and then store them in a cool dark dry place. After a couple of weeks your Apple Pie Moonshine will taste even better. This batch will make about 4 1/2 quarts.

Apple Pie Moonshine.....June/July on a clear night.

Cohiba

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've got a few relatives in the hick-stick area of Missouri. A few weeks back I get a Mason canning jar sent to me of this drink called, Apple Pie Moonshine.

[Broken External Image]

Ever tasted it or made it?? Really isn't bad, tastes like a apple/cinnamon flavored Everclear. My cousin is supposed to send me his recipe.

I found this recipe on-line and will make it in a couple of weeks. I'm going to let it set in the bottom of the kitchen pantry and sample it in June or July.

[Broken External Image]
So....have you made it or tasted it??

Recipe:
1/2 gallon of apple juice
1/2 gallon of apple cider
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1/2 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

To get started, you need a large boiling pot. Add into this pot the apple juice, apple cider, the white and brown sugar, and the whole fresh cinnamon sticks. Bring these contents to a boil, then remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down to room temperature. Once at room temperature, gradually stir in the 190 proof grain alcohol. What you don’t consume in one sitting, you can bottle for later use. Store it in sterile Mason jars, place one cinnamon stick in each jar, and then store them in a cool dark dry place. After a couple of weeks your Apple Pie Moonshine will taste even better. This batch will make about 4 1/2 quarts.

Apple Pie Moonshine.....June/July on a clear night.

Cohiba

Ohhhh ya. I know about apple pie. Excellent stuff for drinking in the Mountains on a cold night.

311SCV

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey yall, They don't treat it like a meth lab down here. If you just have a 1 or 2 gallon still, the laws usually just tear it up. Now if you're running a big operation, the feds will get you for unpaid taxes. But I've never heard of them giving it meth lab priority. By the way, I've heard there are clubs in Tulsa and Dallas that will pay $100 a gallon for good corn shine that's been charcoal filtered.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about making illegal moonshine(too old to waste time in the pen..he he he).

This recipe is adding ingredients to a legal(or if you prefer illegal...you're own your own) bottle and making a new drink.....mixed drink.

Haven't tried drinking this with cigars......depends on the alcohol proof!! I might catch on fire and run around the yard like a squirrel during mating season!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom