Sportsman’s Hunt Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TERPSTER

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are any of you a member or know someone that is a member of the Sportsman’s Hunt Club? I am thinking about joining, just want some input before I spend all that money. You can PM me if you want. Thanks

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i was a member and hated it, you have to make reservation to hunt,also deer season you draw for your location and then it's a 3 day and you have to move to another place.
also the politics and cliques in that club are mind boggling. now i lease my own place for about what i paid for sportsman and run it my way.but no buffet

notime

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
the place is horrible it is a country club the hunting is last priority they don't get much prime area because they won't pay the price for it. It was good about 10 years ago but sucks now.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was a member and hated it, you have to make reservation to hunt,also deer season you draw for your location and then it's a 3 day and you have to move to another place.
also the politics and cliques in that club are mind boggling. now i lease my own place for about what i paid for sportsman and run it my way.but no buffet

the place is horrible it is a country club the hunting is last priority they don't get much prime area because they won't pay the price for it. It was good about 10 years ago but sucks now.

This is kinda what I have heard more recently about it.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently a member. Unfortunately I've only been down to the Duncan lease for ML season. I had better hunting opportunities closer to the house for Rifle and Holiday Antlerless.

I joined in October so I was a bit reluctant to go out on leases I hadn't scouted yet. Now that deer season is over I'll get out and do some scouting on the leases. If I were in a different part of the state it would be easy to pick a lease to concentrate on. being smack dab in the middle I'm left with the difficult decision of what lease to go to.

Some of the concerns mentioned previously are legitimate. I know several former and current members that have expressed the same feelings. I haven't gotten wrapped in any of the underlyings of the club yet so I can't comment on that. Of the current members I have contacted about certain things I can say that I'ave had positive experiences with each of them.

Some of the benefits are also the drawbacks of the club. Lack of owner contact is nice as the rules are locked down in the leases. However some of the rules are there to prevent the less respectful members from taking advantage of the lease owners. The use of ATVs is pretty restrictive. So if you are a lazy hunter and have to ride to your spot you might find yourself working the legs out more.

Opening weekend of Rifle is pretty much only open for drawings. You want a spot put your name in. The drawing is in August during the Deer Seminar. With somewhere around 250 hunt club members you may not get your honey hole spot you scouted all year. You have two weeks in advance to book a spot outside of the drawn hunts.

I have noticed that once outside of opening weekend if you plan it right you won't have much if any trouble finding a good spot. Mid week is almost always open. Don't want to contend with the crowds buy a bow or xbow. less hunters in the field.

If the offer is still there later this year I'll be splitting a lease with a guy in NW OK. I'll have to decide then if I'm going to keep my membership.

If you have any other questions give me a shout If I can't answer them I'll put you in touch with someone that can.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a former member, and was in the "planning" part of the club. Back then the folks running the club were well ( cant say something nice don't say anything, and I've NOTHING nice to say)
I quit when they got way to many rules.

Most of the folks( one Very notable exception) that are running it now are Quite different, and really care about the hunting members!!

I have good buddy in the Edmond club and he really likes it!! He was in Sportsmans with me. If I was looking I'd proly do the Edmond club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom