Best Metal Stock supplier in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know your in Tulsa but Boeing in Witchita has an outlet store that all the people in NC part of the state go to.....(except me, I don't do a lot of aluminum)
They have over runs of extra equipment plus lots of aircraft grade aluminum and some steel.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what are you looking for?... I've got some aluminum stock on hand that I'd part with.

Specifically round and bar stock aluminum and steel.

My googlefu is sucking for actual stock suppliers. All I keep getting is recyclers, metal roofing companies, and fabrication shops.

I was told that Borg recyclers had a reclaimed stock sales shop that sold by weight, but the last time the guy was there was 4+ years ago, and I can't find anything about it.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the input.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Energy Alloys
1888 North 109th East Ave
Tulsa, OK 74116
918.838.9821 Phone

Ryerson in the Cherokee Industrial Park
www.ryerson.com

Or Metals Inc.
http://www.metalsinc.com/default.htm

Thanks, I'll have to look into these places.

I use onlinemetals.com, but I dont buy much. Only when Ive got a project going. Let me know if you find a good place in tulsa.

You might look into switching to McMaster Carr, I looked at some of onlinemetals.com's prices and they look a little pricier than McM-C.

sorry i re read the post...IN TULSA...that post of mine was okc

NP. As much metal work is happening in Tulsa I'm kind of surprised at what little I'm finding.

I know your in Tulsa but Boeing in Witchita has an outlet store that all the people in NC part of the state go to.....(except me, I don't do a lot of aluminum)
They have over runs of extra equipment plus lots of aircraft grade aluminum and some steel.

Thanks for the info Dennis. That's a long haul but may be worth it, I may look into that.

what are you looking for?... I've got some aluminum stock on hand that I'd part with.

Right now I'm kind of on the looking end. I'm fixing to get a small mill, and trying to look for local suppliers for standard sizes.

But depending on what you have and what you want for it, I've got some room to spare until then :D.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like you needs scrap steel and aluminum to play with.
rather than a specific project.

do a bit of digging at local machine shops... they all have scrap bins that you can purchase at scrap aluminum prices. 60cents lb is what metal salvage will pay for aluminum, they turn around and sell for 3-4x+ that when they retail machinable stock.

Thanks, I'll have to look into these places.

You might look into switching to McMaster Carr, I looked at some of onlinemetals.com's prices and they look a little pricier than McM-C.

NP. As much metal work is happening in Tulsa I'm kind of surprised at what little I'm finding.

Thanks for the info Dennis. That's a long haul but may be worth it, I may look into that.

Right now I'm kind of on the looking end. I'm fixing to get a small mill, and trying to look for local suppliers for standard sizes.

But depending on what you have and what you want for it, I've got some room to spare until then :D.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resurrecting a necro-post!

I need a 2'x6' sheet of aluminum at a reasonable price. Looking to build a box on my boat. Anybody have a source? Found a great price on-line, only $41 dollars, but wanted $173 dollars shipping!

Latest posts

Top Bottom