Ammo Price Hike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the price of copper going up, I keep seeing "ammo is going up 10%!" and just this morning "ammo is going up 30% on March 1!".

In the past, I've only bought ammo as needed in small enough batches (shoot half the upcoming weekend, stock pile the other half) so I've never really paid attention to material costs versus the end product. What type of price hikes are you expecting with copper going up to record highs?

I'm considering buying a bulk order of 7.62x51 right now and maybe a second one this pay day. I'd hate to panic buy, but .308/NATO rounds aren't cheap already and to add 30% it just makes sense for me to buy now rather than later.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just the price of copper. The price of lead has almost tripled in the last two years. We haven't had a price increase in 16 months, but will probably have to in the near future.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know ace were you can dave at least 10% on an ammo group buy:)

lol @ ace and dave.

Are you talking about the Red River Ammo buy? I was going to bite, but there's not much savings in the .308. I don't know where the price list went, but wasn't it something like $150 for 250 reloaded rounds of 150gr?

I'm looking at Federal American Eagle 168gr 7.62x51 for about $.78/round (after shipping at J&G Sales) and Federal American Eagle 150gr for $.65/round (Ammoman, no shipping) out the door right now, still looking for more savings, but it looks like I've bottomed out with where I'm at. Nachezz.com has .308 at less than $11/box, but they've been out of stock forever.

Have things changed? New group buy?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol @ ace and dave.

Are you talking about the Red River Ammo buy? I was going to bite, but there's not much savings in the .308. I don't know where the price list went, but wasn't it something like $150 for 250 reloaded rounds of 150gr?

I'm looking at Federal American Eagle 168gr 7.62x51 for about $.78/round (after shipping at J&G Sales) and Federal American Eagle 150gr for $.65/round (Ammoman, no shipping) out the door right now, still looking for more savings, but it looks like I've bottomed out with where I'm at. Nachezz.com has .308 at less than $11/box, but they've been out of stock forever.

Have things changed? New group buy?

Same deal
$550.00/1000 for 150 GR FMJ NEW
$744.40/1000 for 168 GR HPBT MATCH NEW
Plus 3% handling and ~$10/1000 shipping.

I don't think anyones getting rich distrubuting ammo. Now the guys making the ammo or the bullets that's another story;)

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same deal
$550.00/1000 for 150 GR FMJ NEW
$744.40/1000 for 168 GR HPBT MATCH NEW
Plus 3% handling and ~$10/1000 shipping.

I don't think anyones getting rich distrubuting ammo. Now the guys making the ammo or the bullets that's another story;)

New? The only buy I was familiar with was once-fired only.

I'm missing out on something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom