Kendrick Perkins, their rock of a starting center, to the Oklahoma City Thunder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In what qualifies as a stunner, the Celtics have apparently agreed to send Kendrick Perkins, their rock of a starting center, to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic, per Yahoo!’s Adrian Wojnarowski. There will be other players involved–possibly Nate Robinson–but this is a stunner.

As for Green, he’s a restricted free agent after this season, and lots of folks–me included–have written about how unlikely a fit he is in Oklahoma City’s long-term plans, given the financial commitments they are going to have to make other players.

This is doubly shocking given Boston’s identity as a defensive team. Green is a tweener, and the Thunder’s defense has been consistently awful with him on the court versus with him on the bench. Krstic is a solid post defender, but get him moving on the perimeter in pick-and-rolls, and he has trouble. There’s a reason he’s on the bench during crunch time in Oklahoma City.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/24/trade-tracker-all-the-latest-rumors/?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I guess Jeff Green is sorry he rushed that shot at the end of the San Antonio game last night...

Perkins is just getting back after his knee unjury, so we will have to see how well he holds up...since the SuperSonics had retired #43, I wonder if the Thunder will let Perkins wear it?

EXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I guess Jeff Green is sorry he rushed that shot at the end of the San Antonio game last night...

Perkins is just getting back after his knee unjury, so we will have to see how well he holds up...since the SuperSonics had retired #43, I wonder if the Thunder will let Perkins wear it?

Jeff Green is not sorry, He rejected a contract extension earlier this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom