David & Goliath rimfire revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got home with a shiny new NAA 1860 "The Earl". I couldn't resist taking this pic of it next to my S&W 617. From one extreme to the other. The Earl weighs in at 8 ounces, the 617 weighs 45! The little NAA holds 5 shots, the big Smith holds 10.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o293_stingrayg4_Guns_Two22s.jpg

Thought some of you .22 fans would get a kick out of this picture. :D

-S

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 617. I just can't bring myself to buy one of those little things though.

I felt the same about the NAA mini revolvers until I saw "The Earl". I instantly had to have one, even though I have a hard time saying exactly why. It will certainly never replace the 617, but it's a little easier to carry in your pocket when you're stomping through the woods. ;)

Man, is it LOUD though. Easily the loudest .22 LR I've ever shot. I haven't put any magnums through it yet, I can only imagine what that's going to be like.

-S

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love 617's. I have to get one eventually. They're so nice looking.

I've never even heard of the Earl before. I like it's old SA styling. Looks cool. What does one of those run?

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love 617's. I have to get one eventually. They're so nice looking.

They shoot even nicer than they look. They're pricey, but well worth it. I would never, ever, ever sell mine.

I've never even heard of the Earl before. I like it's old SA styling. Looks cool.

Yeah, they remind me a lot of the old Civil War era .31 caliber Remington pocket revolvers. I'll be completely honest and say the styling was what made me want to get one.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o293_stingrayg4_31_cal_new_model_pocket_5shot_3_12inch_left.jpg

What does one of those run?

A little over $300 new for the 4" version with cylinders for .22 LR and .22 WMR. A bit less for the 3" version and the ones that only come with one cylinder.

-S

Latest posts

Top Bottom