OWB or Drop Leg Holster for Micro Compact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a drop leg holster or an OWB for my wife's Springfield Micro Compact. Here is the deal we have a class coming up with a lot of movement and drawing from holster. I have bought her a war belt for it but since her gun is more of a concealment gun I am not having luck finding a tactical holster. I thought of getting a Kydex made and putting it in a HSGI drop holster. Your thoughts?

Teufeldoc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tinbender..... try using an OWB before a drop-leg. The OWB will stay in place and give her a faster presentation for the pistol. I have used drop-legs and they almost never stay in place when you are running around in the field and they are much slower for presenting to the target. Good luck.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What kind of class?
Id recommenda good owb kydex holster.
That drop-leg stuff is for swat type stuff when youre wearing body armor.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is a self defense type class, I would use whatever holster you are going to use for concealed carry. Learning to draw from a drop leg, isn't going to help you draw from your waist.

If it's a competition class, well, then all the pros use OWB, so that would seem the way to go.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a drop leg holster or an OWB for my wife's Springfield Micro Compact. Here is the deal we have a class coming up with a lot of movement and drawing from holster. I have bought her a war belt for it but since her gun is more of a concealment gun I am not having luck finding a tactical holster. I thought of getting a Kydex made and putting it in a HSGI drop holster. Your thoughts?

I would highly discourage you from selecting a drop leg holster.

It's inefficient and generally uncomfortable. I wear one for SWAT but only because it's the only thing that will let me clear the LBV.

If it wasn't a necessity, I wouldn't use it.

Michael Brown

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all! We are going a Sonny Puzikas AK class. I have been trying to buy everything we need an it has cost me a small fortune. Well anyway I am trying to buy good stuff and things I can use for future classes as well. I bought us HSGI Suregrip belts. I was wanting something thick like my tool belt to carry the weight of the AK mags without problem. I didn't know what type of holster would be better for the belt and the class. So I will start looking at OWB holsters for her gun if I can find one. I read that drop legs were un comfortable but I always saw people wearing them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom