Something interesting just happened to me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it's almost 3 and I'm sitting in my room and I hear a knock on the door. So I grab my P01, chamber a round and run to the door and look out the peep. There's a young lady on the other side crying her eyes out.

So I open the door, and I got the handgun hidden behind the door while she's telling me her phone is busted and she needs a phone. So I get the phone and she starts telling me how she can't remember and asks to come in and warm up. Bawling, obviously intoxicated. So finally when I make it clear she is NOT coming inside, she asks if I can give her a ride to Sand Springs. I tell her I won't give her a ride but I'll try my best to help her.

Go back inside, get dressed, holster the gun. Come out and talk a minute, go back inside to grab a jacket for her, and I'm coming out and a Creek County Sherrif's deputy is approaching the house. So he asks her a few questions and I tell him I'm armed and he tells me that's fine just don't reach for it.

Anyways they run her name, and she's fine, but she'd been going through the neighborhood at 3am knocking on doors asking for a ride to sand springs. So he took her in and I got to come here and write this. Creepy.

So I'm a sucker for going out there in the night aren't I? I was very aware that it could have been a ploy and I was constantly watching her hands and the sides of the house and the cars just watching for any sign of movement or anything suspicious, and I woke up my dad and locked the door behind me before I stepped outside to speak with her the first time (second time I saw the Deputy and just stepped out with my hands up and coat over my arm).

But she was pretty. and crying. :P haha. But other than being a fool for a sob story, did I do anything else wrong?

oh and then she tried to tell the cop she knew me. uh-uh. She was cute and i'm a sucka but she wasn't lying to the authorities cute. :P Although I'm afraid she may come back pissed off about it or been casing the house even.

Update: Local cop just talked to me. I guess she told the authorities it was MY house where she got in a fight and they busted her head open and her phone got busted. I pointed in the house at my grandma peeking out her room and said, "Man I don't think my grandma would let us throw a party here..."

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you were keenly aware of the various risks and took plenty of appropriate controls for any number of contingencies. Very impressive for 3am.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm guessing 3AM. HHMMMM Knock at the door, pistol in one hand phone in the other. Open door? No way in hell!!! Just tell them stay right there, I'm calling you some help i.e. 911, and advise 911 that I'm armed and on the other side of door, and will not open door till I see a uniform officer there. If individual isn't there by the time the police show, I'll give a discription of what I saw. Period!! If I don't know you really, really well, I'm not opening my door at 3AM!!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo, did you get her number??

Alright, I'm kidding a bit. You did fine, but next time, you may consider cracking open a window and talking through that. Of course, that assumes you have a window near the door. Better to leave the door closed, because you never know when "sweetie pie" (you know, the guy that put her in that state) is waiting in the bushes.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't answer my door, period unless I know who it is after dark. Anyone that comes over has either the house number or the cell phone numbers for my wife and I. If someone needs me so bad, they had better call first. Too many weirdos walking around this place in the day-time, I'm sure not going to see who's around at night.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep so i dont live in the best or worst part of okc but had a older black lady knock on the door at @am once askin for gas money. answered the door with the .45 1911 in had and fiance on the couch ready to dial the cops. told her no. 5 min later here came the cops lookin for her. no idea what happened.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I won't answer my door, period unless I know who it is after dark. Anyone that comes over has either the house number or the cell phone numbers for my wife and I. If someone needs me so bad, they had better call first. Too many weirdos walking around this place in the day-time, I'm sure not going to see who's around at night.

Walking out where you live? I wouldn't answer either...

drumhead23us

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I would have just told her to get bent and try another door. Remember what your parents/basketball coach/youth pastor told you...

Nothing good happens after midnight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom