Anyone else own a Norinco JW-15?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently picked up a Norinco JW-15 in .22lr at a gun show. It is a nice shooting rifle for not much money (I paid $175 for a used one in great shape). I've since installed a Weaver RV-7 scope (2.5-7X28) to help my aging eyes see the target, and it shoots even better. Anyone else have (or had) one of these fine little rifles?
Ron

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Before Interarms imported them as the JW15, a Co.,ClayCo of Clay Center KS imported them as the model 4 of which, I still have two. they were copied from the CZ and a CZ mag will fit. I think they are neat little rifles too. The looks of the stock can be improved a bunch by removing the original heavy varnish/stain, and refinishing. Also the clayco and ,I think the JW15, has a couple adjustment screws on the trigger.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G.M.,
I had one of these rifles in the mid-nineties (I paid $110 for it brand new) and it came with a high gloss, plastic-y kind of finish. I rubbed it down with fine steel wool until it kind of "fogged" the finish for lack of a better term. When I was done, the finish had been dulled to a nice, satin-y sheen that resembled a good oil finish. It actually was quite attractive. Then I went through the big D and had to sell the rifle, which is why I was so thrilled to turn up another at the gun show.
Ron

Latest posts

Top Bottom