Tailgating results in road rage shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man shot in face after roadway confrontation

Published: 3/18/2011 9:17 AM

Following an argument between drivers early Friday morning, one driver reportedly pulled out a gun and shot at the other motorist, striking him in the cheek, police said.

The injury did not appear to be life threatening, but the victim, a 37-year-old man, was taken to St. John Medical Center for treatment after the shooting, according to police reports.

The suspect's vehicle was reportedly tailgating the victim's car for several blocks in the area of 2100 South Lewis Avenue about 1:48 a.m. Friday, police said.

Both cars stopped and the occupants then had a verbal confrontation, according to police reports.

The victims then got back into their vehicle and began to drive off, when the suspect fired several shots at the rear of the car, police said.

Police said the suspect was driving a dark-colored, older Toyota Celica.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...ctid=450&articleid=20110318_11_0_Follow138433

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great reason not to stop for any reason whatsoever unless the car behind you has its red & blues on. I hope the victim recovers without any permanent damage.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great reason not to stop for any reason whatsoever unless the car behind you has its red & blues on. I hope the victim recovers without any permanent damage.

Even then, watch out for impersonators, especially if the car is :rant: not clearly marked as a police car /end rant

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
goes to show all you tailgaters ... when someone plainly doesn't want you on their ass... back off.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so you are saying if someone doesn't get out of the way... it's OK to stay on their ass?

what gives you the right to invade someone else space?
what gives you the right to endanger someone else by causing an accident?
by the way I was recently in an accident caused by a tailgater

don't get me wrong... IF I can get out of the way... I'll gladly do so.
there's plenty of situations, where getting out the way is not an option.
like you are in heavy traffic and someone is riding your ass...

I've seen plenty of times where someone tries to get out of the way by switching lanes... only to have the tailgater firmly on their ass, after switching lanes.

or maybe they should do the common courtesy and get the hell out of the way....

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
slow lane or a two lane highway

should have clraified get in the slow lane. I travel back roads a bit and on them (around here anyways) people are actually smart enough to pull in the ditch and let you by. its a common courtesy, if you are going slow in the fast lane, you are the one who is going to cause the accident...

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
should have clraified get in the slow lane. I travel back roads a bit and on them (around here anyways) people are actually smart enough to pull in the ditch and let you by. its a common courtesy, if you are going slow in the fast lane, you are the one who is going to cause the accident...

That is ass backwards, if you are going faster than the other car in the accident, and come from behind it is YOUR FAULT, Oklahoma law states you must follow at a safe distance I:e able to brake if they suddenly slow down even more.

If someone else is following the posted speed limit regardless of lane you are stupid, and my insurance will disown your claim....hit me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom