Debtor's Prison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time I ever take on consumer debt is when the cost is 2% or less. If that rate has a time limit, I pay the debt off before the rate expires. For the most part, consumer debt is very bad.

The only debt I carry is on my real estate. My rentals will all be paid off in less than 10 years. I never finance property for more than 15 years and always aim for paying it off sooner.

Too many people are trying to finance happiness.

I'm lucky that I have good paying business that has done well, and I also consider myself lucky to have grown up with my grandparents, who grew up during the Great Depression. It made a compulsive saver out of me. Finally, I am damn lucky I have a great wife who is down to earth. I know some lawyers whose wives are so caught up in putting on the dog that they have a negative net worth. We don't want "friends" you have to impress. If some one is going to be my friend based on my job or what I own, that is someone I want to stay a long ways away from. Money is a nice tool that makes life easier, but it sure the hell is not the measure of a person's character.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thats messed up. If you have a loan with empire finance and you get behind they will threaten to have the court issue a bench warrant for your arrest. They can go screw themselves.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 1833 the United States abolished Federal imprisonment for unpaid debts, and Oklahoma prohibits it under our state constitution. Can see many more people saying F this and declare bankruptcy if crap like this is allowed to continue. But dennishoddy is right on the money!

Legislatures here and in other states have circumvented the laws to please their true masters, the money industry. But why if the poor are to be jailed for debt are lawmakers who keep indebting our nation foolishly and greedily, will we be held accountable for the debts they incurred on our behalf when many did not agree to such? What about the mortgage fraud committed by banks, (often aided by lawyers and the courts) will they be held accountable for their actions and offenses against the law, people and country? Probably not because as we've seen "laws are for the little people", and the true power in this country is not the law or the people, it's the money they're bought with.

http://www.startribune.com/local/95692619.html

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
-Ronald Reagan

Latest posts

Top Bottom