Should I er on the side of caution due to the burn ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are planning a fish fry Friday or Saturday depending on how many fish we catch this weekend. I'm taking my outdoor fryer to use but I'm thinking I might have to leave it at home due to the burn ban.

Would a propane fish fryer classify as outdoor grilling? If so we are good to go if we have a waterhose nearby with spotter. According to the resolution of their last burn ban signed on the 16th for McIntosh Co.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ban does not include outdoor cooking devices. The ban specificly mentions bon, camp, and trash fires. I think a propane fish fryer would qualify, but I'm looking into it.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything I read is pretty clear on what was not allowed. The exceptions said outdoor grilling. Close enough, controlled flame with the pressurized water source requirement. I'll be sure it gets tossed in the truck.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The water hose is for the grass. The Class B rated fire extinguisher and large box of banking soda is for the grease.

Bryan Hall agreed but suggested a call to Sheriff. Sheriff deferred to Fire Chief. Called and had to leave a message. Might hear back might not.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The water hose is for the grass. The Class B rated fire extinguisher and large box of banking soda is for the grease.

Bryan Hall agreed but suggested a call to Sheriff. Sheriff deferred to Fire Chief. Called and had to leave a message. Might hear back might not.

If you have a B class extinguisher you are good to go. Have a good time fishing

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year during a burn ban, here in Mustang you could cook on wood or charcoal as long as there were no open flames. My smoker qualified for that. I think they are worried about blowing embers and you won't have any with propane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom